Wednesday, February 16, 2011

when i grow up

soooooo here's the deal.

i literally have no idea what i want to do with my life. ok, well, that's not entirely true. here are some things i do know i want:
- to marry kjd
- to travel to amazing places
- to have some cute kids
- to do something creative every. day. of. my. life.
- to live the perfect distance from home -- not too far, not next door to my parents
- to own a kitchenaid standing mixer -- red or mint green

the important one for this post would be the one about always being creative. while in journalism school, my creativity came through when i worked for the parthenon. i also have a minor in graphic design, so i was taking a lot of art classes. some people didn't like my way of designing the paper -- some people hated it actually -- but i kept trying new things, trying to make our college newspaper appealing to college students. i won a few awards, so i feel like i did a pretty bangin' job.

but now, today, this moment -- i want more. i want more than graphic design, more than newspapers or magazines. i want to work in a place where all the people are creative/crazy like me, passionate like me, excited for new things like me, in love with interesting things like me. and i want to be able to BE me.

basically -- i want to work at etsy. or somewhere like that. where ideas get you paid and give you satisfaction and happiness. where ideas run the world. where ideas are everywhere.

is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. This is totally not where you were going with your post, but you DO need a KitchenAid mixer. Best thing ever! I have a brushed platinum one, but I would DIE for a candy apple red! Ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! that is the first thing i'm asking for when kyle and i get married. i could care less about anything else, really. lol

    ReplyDelete