well i've been sort of missing for the past few weeks, other than my obsessive harry potter posts. so to get back into the swings of things, here's a coupe of lists. ya'll know i love me some lists.
seven highlights of the past few weeks
1. two weekends ago, we went to bryson city and stayed in a super cool "treehouse" cabin for a couple days. and went to a teepee, which we had to sort of hike to. it took about 10 minutes and that was the end of my hiking. eff that.
|breakfast at the cork & bean|
|spinach, avocado and brie crepe. yes.|
|rested and fresh-faced in bryson city. :)|
2. my siblings visited last week and we played a lot of mad gab and laughed and talked and it was a lot of fun. i miss them a lot.
|brother bear + nerdy fake glasses|
|my sibs again. cute as ever. :)|
3. my brother rescued two baby kittens from my attic because a freaking stray got up there and had a litter. another one fell in between a wall (true story) and sadly didn't make it. :( so my dad busted a hole in the wall to get it out. (also true story)
|yeah that's a hole in my wall. nice. i'm sorry we didn't|
get to you in time, little kitty.
4. i accidentally tore down a bird's nest with eggs in it. i tried to replace it but i murdered a couple of the babies before they hatched.
5. kyle whacked a snake in two with a hoe in our yard.
6. basically mother nature is gonna kick our asses because we're killing all springtime life here at 106 Rose Drive.
7. i've been doing a lot of work outside, trying to get a little garden prepared. i'm trying to learn patience, though, because apparently vegetables don't just grow overnight. who knew?
three things i'm into right now
1. The Hunger Games. once again, i'm way late getting into something. i tend to do this, so just roll with it. I finished the first book in less than two days, and saw the movie last friday — loved it — and i'm reading the second book now. loving it so far, but i see myself neglecting stuff i should be doing because i'll be too busy reading. whatev.
2. fun. the band. heard of them? you probably have already, because we've established i'm late to find cool stuff. well, they're awesome. look them up.
3. gardening. as mentioned before, i've been doing a lot of weed-pulling and such outside. planting a little garden was also one of my resolutions for this year, so hopefully it all works. out. it's actually very therapeutic to dig in the dirt, which coming from me is odd/hilarious, because i paint myself a fresh manicure every week. doesn't really go with dirt. but it's been fun and i've enjoyed it for the most part, except for the fact that i can't lift my arms over my head from hoeing. true story.
five spring essentials i need
1. slouchy tees. i need more of these basics. i feel like i'll want to wear them a lot this year when just jeans and a cool necklace. i don't buy enough t-shirts or tanks, which are two things i feel like you can never have enough of. so why don't i have any?
2. colored jeans. this is a cool trend right now and i have a bright red pair that i love. next stop — neon yellow.
3. maxi dresses. i only have one maxi dress, and unless people want to see me in only one outfit all spring and summer, i should probably invest in a few more. they are fun, comfortable and perfect for many occasions. yes, please.
4. orange nail polish. i don't have an orange that's bright enough in my collection, and while i never really wear orange clothing, especially here in tennessee where the only appropriate shade is "hunter," i think a bright orange mani is perfect.
5. nude flats. i need a pair of these so freaking bad. and what makes it worse is i saw a pair a month ago, didn't get them, now they're gone. hate. myself. so now i'm on the hunt for a replacement pair that are affordable for a broke girl like me.
enjoy your week, people. i'm crossing my fingers to hear from a job i interviewed with a few weeks ago. i'm supposed to hear this week. cross yours, too.