Friday, February 17, 2012

love (letters)


photo credit: moreloveletters.com email


i ran across this on one of my favorite sites, HelloGiggles

Hannah Brencher started something called More Love Letters after she started writing and leaving random love letters to people who seemed to need a little encouragement. Hanna says this on the site:

"I never intended to write over 400 love letters. To be honest, I never even planned to write one… This unexpected journey began in October 2010 on a 4 Train in New York City. I didn’t start writing letters to strangers because of a love for the handwritten note. Far less glamorous or romantic than that, I was struggling to get out of bed every morning and I needed an escape from my own sadness and loneliness. So I began writing letters on the train to individuals who seemed like they, too, could use a boost. And it healed me. It really healed me."

so from there, she started More Love Letters, where you can sign up through email to be assigned a person to write to. i just received my assignment for this month's Love Letter Bundle. all the letters received for this bundle will then be forwarded to the chosen person. Hannah includes the story of the person chosen for the Love Letter Bundle, and although I won't give anything away, this person definitely needs some love.

i think this is so great. i can't wait to start writing and creating something to truly bring a smile to this person's face.

if you're looking for a way to grow and love, this might be your ticket. check it out. and even if you don't sign up, maybe it will get you thinking on ways to reach out to others and show them some compassion. everyone needs that sometimes.

love.
krq.

No comments:

Post a Comment