Monday, March 25, 2013

getting caught up


I haven't been writing much lately, and I hate myself for it. It's just that there's really not much else going on except a lot of wedding planning and concentrating on eating healthy and working out a lot for said wedding.

Kyle and I sent out little invitations to people we want to be in the bridal party and participate in the wedding. 

They looked like this. 

stole this photo from Becca's instagram

stole this photo from my sister's instagram
They were tiny little matchboxes with a bag of David's Tea in the flavor "glitter & gold," which has little gold, shimmering sugar balls in it. Perfect for the wedding! The little cards fit right into the boxes. All Kyle's idea of course. We sent jelly beans in the matchboxes for the little kids we want in the wedding, because what kid drinks tea?! I think everyone is excited, which makes me even more excited. And nervous. Eek!

Kyle and I also found our venue, which is a huge relief, and also makes me more excited. Everything is slowly but surely falling into place. The next thing will be all the crafts we're planning to do for decorations and such. Any volunteers???

And as for the crazy lady fitness lately, I'm still going strong, and I'm sorry if no one cares about hearing about my food/workout shenanigans. Like I said, there's not much else going on! Unless you want to know a running list of sad movies Kyle's been making me watch lately. 

Anyway…


Yeah, looking real sweaty up there. It's about day 33 for the TurboFire Challenge, and I am feeling better all the time. I had a rest day yesterday, and I mean I REALLY rested. Like, I slept until 11:22, which almost never happens anymore. Oops. It felt nice, so I must have needed it, and then today's workout went really well. I felt energetic! What?! I was jumping when I was supposed to, and not just doing the modified versions. I started TurboFire over a year ago, and even after I had done it religiously for months, I was still not able to really jump, but for whatever reason, I can now. It's very possible I'll be crazy sore tomorrow, but oh well. I did get sort of discouraged when I had to send in my Day 30 progress photos, because I didn't really see THAT much of a difference, but 6 pounds is nothing to shake your head at, and when Kyle told me I looked thinner, that made me feel pretty good. Even though he chose to tell me that as I was shoveling mounds of sweet potato into my mouth. Whatevs. 

Even if I wasn't getting married, I'd still be working this hard. I'm going to the beach for god's sake! The holidays really messed me up, and I was eager to start up again, and that plus trying to eat as Paleo as possible has definitely helped me get back on track.

I'm planning to incorporate running into my week again soon. I actually had planned to do that this week, but then a March blizzard showed up and I just don't know if I can get up at 6:30 and run in the snow. I can only do so much. Really though, I'm just trying to keep up with one of my besties Jennifer Wood, because that girl runs every single effing day. I know because the Map My Run app tells me so! Go, pretty lady, go!

One last thing, Justin Timberlake is BACK and I've never been happier.

I hope everyone is staying warm during this not-so-springlike week. Like really, what is up with the snow, Mother Nature? I'll probably wear leggings and boots on Easter. Cool.

love.
krq.

No comments:

Post a Comment